Last updated: 15th October 2016
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make use of our Site.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, your company, your address, your telephone number and your email address); and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We [may] use [both] [“session” cookies] [and “persistent” cookies] on the website. [We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and [other uses].] [We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and [other uses].]
[Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.] [Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.]
3. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
- Deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Where we issue a password so that you may access restricted areas of our website, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
6. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
7. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.